The secret is out: Support, Push and Recover ™.
In blogging, my aim is to share amongst witnesses the trials, triumphs and intersections of healing all over as I transform (now once) chaotic spheres of my life toward greater balance. Yet, of equal importance is my intention for this blog to be a clear place for resource sharing. For the next few blog posts, tips such as workout strategies, nutritional advice, skin care secrets and grounding exercises will be presented in more salient form with sparse storytelling.
A desire for dynamic exchange. While many have expressed in writing and in person how they have enjoyed the blog and reading the personal tales, there have been also many requests for specific tips, plans and personal training. I want the blog to also speak to the needs of its readers.
Your wish is my command.
The Support, Push and Recover ™ challenge is a framework with which to approach any workout routine for optimal results that I have founded. The tenets of SPR ™ are below and will be explained in greater detail tomorrow.
· Subtle: Surrounding Environment (Kitchen cabinets, friends, music, home space, affirmations, mentality)
· Stretch: Yoga, Lemba movement therapy, full body stretching (neck, shoulders, arms, back, quads, hamstrings, calves, feet)
· Still: Setting intention, pausing, meditation, visualizing a successful workshop
· Power: Get in there, just do it, calmly burst into
· Pace: Gather breath, gather pace
· Pick-up: Push yourself toward the end of the workout by picking up speed and intensity briefly
· Reduce: Gather breath, incrementally slow
· Relax: Shake, stretch, breathe deeply, walk, sauna
· Repair: Hot/warm salt and essential oil bath, Juice Plus+ acupuncture, massage, SLEEP
Below is an introduction to what will be covered in tomorrow’s blog on the key to a workout that gets results.
· Finally get the clarity on high-protein diets versus complex carb based diets and their impact on one’s workout (Fitness Rx for Women)
· Getting mentally fit as the support aspect of SPR ™ (Philly Fit Magazine)
· Learn the difference between flushing and fasting and when to engage in either (African Holistic Health)
· Reducing oxidative stress by increasing intake of fruits and vegetables (Juice Plus+ Recipe for Better Health as Simple as 1-2-3)
· Personal secrets
· And more!
Tune in Thursday (8/18) morning!
This Wellness blog is to share the author's trials and triumphs in becoming more present and centering her daily routines around health practices that build from the inside out.
It is her hope to spark dialogue and resource sharing as well as encouragement for those newly embarking on their journey toward healing all over.
(This is a personal blog with resources for educational purposes only.)